The picture here shows persons from all walks of life it shows the speed that are moving at because we achieve different things at our pace. It also shows the direction they heading which is forward not backwards not sideways not at a standstill but foward
We spend our lives struggling to move past the things that held us back. Some of us are stuck on fighting the same challenges for years.
God has an incredible life designed for each of us, and he has given us the keys to move forward into that life. Today we are going to identify and unpack some principles found in the bible that will help us to move forward in life and in this New Year.
The first principle to moving forward is Repentance
What is repentance,
Repentance is the act of changing one’s mind. Webster defines the word as “to feel sorry for or reproachful for what one has done or has not done”. Regret past actions or intention .To change one’s mind about it or to change one’s way.
Why is it the first step and why is it important? We all heard the saying the first step to getting help is to admit or confess or the other cliché confession is good for the soul well this plays the part in repenting. Before we can move forward in life we need to admit/confess to God the things we need him to help us work towards. he is an all knowing God but he also wants to hear from us.
Repentance is important you have to acknowledge that you were and that you made some bad decisions and you have to decide to turn from the thing that placed you in that position where you were stagnant and couldn’t move forward
• 1 John 1:9 – If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
• Proverbs 28:13 – He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh [them] shall have mercy
• Luke 13:5 – I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
The second principle to consider before moving forward is Forgiveness
What is forgiveness? Generally, forgiveness is a decision to let go of resentment and thoughts of revenge.
Forgiveness can even lead to feelings of understanding, empathy and compassion for the one who hurt you
Forgiveness will help the believer let go so that they can focus on improving different areas in their life.
How does forgiveness benefit a believer/person ?
In one my blogs Forgiveness letting go of grudges I quoted UnForgiveness and bitterness has robbed me of progression, I could have been ahead by now.I’ve seen the people I’ve held unforgiveness towards prosper while my life was at a standstill.
You can forgive without excusing the act. Forgiveness is not justification but it brings peace that will help you to go on with life. Forgiveness is for you the believer its for your healing process not the other persons
• Ephesians 4:31-32
• 31 Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. 32 Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.
• Colossians 3: 13
• Be gentle and forbearing with one another and, if one has a difference (a grievance or complaint) against another, readily pardoning each other; even as the Lord has [freely] forgiven you, so must you also [forgive].
The third principle is Consistency
• What is consistency?
• always acting or behaving in the same way
• of the same quality; especially : good each time
• continuing to happen or develop in the same way
Why is consistency key ?
It is key because it produces good results your more likely to reach your goals when you are working towards it everyday if you don’t you’ll see negative or no results
Ill use a basic example for if you shower everyday and then you decide well today im lazy ill shower the next day and you know your body and your routine but your tired or not in the mood then you’ll reap negative results you’ll have an odor it will lead to discomfort a potential rash etc this all plays a part in being consistent
You cannot unleash your inner greatness if you don’t focus and remain consistent . When you allow your self to wander along aimlessly, you are delaying your greatness.
What are some ways in which we can we remain consistent?
• Pick your priorities-If you try to tackle every discipline challenge at once, you’ll be too overwhelmed to stick with it. So choose just one or two to focus on with special diligence and attention
• Write reminders/encouragement – Leave yourself notes that say,don’t give up don’t give in you completed this now your moving on to that encourage yourself by reminding yourself of past victories
Get an accountability partner– No man is an island we all need at least one person that will be accountable for the things we do someone to probe us remind us and even run that race along side us. They’ ll have to leave you to soar eventually but for the most part get someone you know that’s disciplined enough to help you out
• Devout time-A lot of us want to see results in life but we dont want to devout any time not just with God but in our lives if you want results in different areas of your life you need to put aside at least an hour a day to
work specifically on that area and gradually you should see improvement.
Reward yourself-You should reward yourself for sticking to your objective.Use something that you actually want or need as a reward this will add more incentive for you to actually keep your promise to yourself. Also think of the greater reward which is the ultimate value THE BETTER YOU if you stay on track and remain consistent.
Rewards are only for those who did what they didn’t want to do when they didn’t want to do it.-anonymous
STAY ON TRACK AND REMAIN PROGRESSIVE
• Revisit your goals. Rewrite it if you have to it will help make it more real. Be patient, and continue don’t give up on you because you are working towards the best version of yourself.
I spent probably 2-3 hours a day practicing writing or coming up with different topics for future contents/articles that I wish to publish to the general audience. Im learning to write on different subjects inspirational, political, social because I want to write a couple books one day and in order to master this I have to put aside time to work on it
So consistency is important to get ahead on all avenues in our lives.
God gave you the tools to succeed to achieve to work towards whatever you put your hands to so put your all in it because the grave has no use the grave will do nothing but rob us of what could have been so while were alive in the land of the living we must use this time wisely
tThe fourth principle is Perseverance which is defined as Continued steady belief or efforts, withstanding discouragement or difficulty; persistence
So you must exercise perseverance you must remain steadfast or in Jamaican terms rooted and grounded w.e your lingo may be but keep moving forward you have to make up in your mind that your tired of being in the same place and you want to see the promises of God manifested in your life
Henry ford quoted Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently
5.Have faith! What is faith?
Complete trust or confidence in someone or something.
Hebrews 11: 1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
6.Lastly Maintain your expectation!
How important is it for us to maintain our expectation?
Were not going into the new years or finishing this old year with no expectation if you ask God to help apply these principles to your life then you should expect something out of it.
If we take care of the inches, we will not have to worry about the miles ,moving forward is not running a marathon its about pacing yourself to get were you want to go
If you can fly,if you cant walk crawl but whatever you do keep moving on wards and the only time you should look back is to see how far you have come
In order to move forward this year you need to;
• BE CONSISTENT
• HAVE PERSEVERANCE
• HAVE FAITH AND
• BE WAITING IN EXPECTATION